All restraining orders requests are filed and heard at the Watsonville court location at 1 Second Street, Watsonville, CA 95076. These restraining orders include domestic violence prevention, elder abuse prevention, civil harassment prevention, workplace violence, private postsecondary school violence prevention and gun violence prevention restraining orders.
Where to File
All restraining order requests, modifications, terminations and anything else associated with a restraining order filing is filed at the Watsonville court location at 1 Second Street, Room 300, Watsonville. If the initial restraining order request is brought to the Santa Cruz court location, Room 110, it will be scanned to the Watsonville Court location; however no subsequent papers can be brought for filing in Santa Cruz.
Ex Parte Filing Process
Restraining Orders must be filed with the clerk’s office no later than 10:00 am for the request to be considered that same day.
All court hearings will take place at the Watsonville court location. Date, time and Department number will be assigned by the clerk at the time of filing.
Information Regarding Local and State Domestic Violence Resources
Where to Get Forms and Assistance with the Forms
You can obtain restraining order court forms at a variety of locations including:
- On line at www.courts.ca.gov/forms
- Court’s Self Help Center located at the Watsonville Courhouse
- The Santa Cruz Law Library located at 701 Ocean Street, basement Room 70
- The Court Cerk’s office at 701 Ocean Street, Room 110 (Domestic Violence only)
- The Court Clerk’s office at 1 Second Street, Room 300 (Domestic Violence only)
- Local domestic violence agencies. Please see the links to the left of this site for more information.